Frederick County Solar Co-op
The Frederick County Solar Co-op is now closed to new sign ups. Nearly 200 homes signed up to go solar as part of the co-op. The co-op’s selected installer is now working with co-op members to help them go solar.
If you are still interested to go solar with a co-op, sign up for the MD SUN newsletter to be learn of new co-ops as they launch near you.
Go solar with your neighbors
MD SUN is here to help
Based on the same principle as buying in bulk, the co-op will go through the process of purchasing solar systems together. The group will select a single contractor to install systems on members’ homes. The selected installer will develop an individualized proposal for each co-op member. At this point, participants can decide if going solar is right for them. By going solar as a group, members can save up to 20% off the cost of their solar system. They’ll also have the support of the co-op throughout the process.
The co-op is being organized by the Frederick County Office of Sustainability and Environmental Resources, Community Power Network and MD SUN. If you still have questions or concerns, email us at email@example.com!
Co-op in the news
- “Frederick County Solar Co-op discusses results of purchase program,” WDVM-TV (August 2017)
- “Frederick County Solar Co-op turns on 272 kilowatts of power,” Frederick News-Post (July 2017)
- “Frederick County solar co-op deadline extended through May,” Frederick News-Post (February 2017)
- “Solar panels finding homes in Middletown,” Frederick News-Post (January 2017)
- “Frederick County Solar Co-Op Selects Installer for Solar Panels,” The Catoctin Banner (December 2016)
- “Solar Co-op offered in Frederick Co.,” Emmitsburg News-Journal (November 2016)
- “Solar expansion on horizon for county homeowners, and for Frederick city,” Frederick News-Post (October 2016)
- “6 things to know this week in Frederick County,” Frederick News-Post (October 2016)
- “Solar panel interest surpasses expectations in Frederick County,” Frederick News-Post (October 2016)
- “Frederick County announces new solar co-op for homes, small businesses,” Frederick News-Post (September 2016)