The Rockville Solar Co-op is now closed to new participants. Thank you to all of you who raised your hands and said “yes” to solar!
Sorry you missed out? Join the Montgomery County Solar Co-op
Homeowners in Rockville formed a solar co-op! Co-op members used their collective buying power to get a discounted price for solar panels. In July they selected Rockville-based Standard Energy Solutions and Frederick-based Sustainable Energy Systems as the two installers for the group.
How does the co-op work?
By going solar as a group, members will typically save up to 20% off the cost of a solar system. They’ll also have the support of the co-op throughout the process instead of having to go it alone. The co-op is being organized by the City of Rockville, Community Power Network (CPN), and CPN’s project MD SUN. Anyone located in Rockville, or a neighboring community in Maryland, is welcome to join.
- Example Incentives and Financing for Co-op
- Maryland Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs)
- Solar, Homeowners Associations, and Historic Districts in Maryland
- Co-op member Helen Triolo covers our first information session (Thanks Helen!)
- “Rockville’s Solar Co-op to Help Residents Save Money Going Solar,” Rockville Living (April 2015)
Still have questions? Email us at email@example.com and mention “Rockville” in the subject line.